Odgovor Sr jun 08, 2016 11:28

Yes, Professional Runners Are Weak

A now-buff Ryan Hall refers to his former self as “weak” and “underdeveloped,” raising important questions about the health of elite runners
By: Martin Fritz Huber Jun 2, 2016

A few weeks ago, there was buzz on the Internet about the physical transformation of recently retired marathoner Ryan Hall. Hall, whose distinguished career includes the fastest marathon and half-marathons ever run by an American, had adopted an intense weightlifting regimen and was dedicating himself to dumbbell curls and bench presses with the fervor he’d previously shown for tempo runs and track intervals. As a result, the 5’ 10” Hall had bulked up from 127 pounds last summer to 165 pounds, according to a recent Twitter post. The tweet also included a shirtless selfie, in which Hall’s torso looks less like that of an elite endurance athlete, and more like something you’d see on the brochure for a Vegas pool party.

As one member of an online running community bluntly put it: “Ryan Hall is jacked.”

Hall is relishing his newfound jackedness.

“I’ve been small and weak my entire life—just, like, totally underdeveloped,” Hall told Runner’s World. “I’ve always wondered what it would feel like to be big and strong.”

http://www.outsideonline.com/2087751/ye ... s-are-weak